Wwan0 has IP address, but cannot ping sixfab.com

I have installed my 3G/4G/LTE hat, and sixfab core on a new raspberrian sd card per your instructions. The device gets an IP address for wwan0, but is not able to ping sixfab.com.

ifconfig wwan0 shows the following:

wwan0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet 192.168.225.59 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.225.255
inet6 fe80::7ee8:f99a:97b6:21d prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20
ether d6:2b:df:01:0e:68 txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
RX packets 20 bytes 1429 (1.3 KiB)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 45 bytes 4601 (4.4 KiB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

This hat and SD card worked with this raspberry pi before I did this new installation.

Thanks!

-Will

Hi Will,

If you activate the remote support setting of your device and share the support key with me, I can help.
Could you please share your remote-support token so that I can check and solve it?
m: ensar@sixfab.com

Hi Ensar,

I emailed you the token. Thanks!

-Will

Thanks for sharing.

You used more than 100 MB of data this month.
Can you update your ‘Monthly Limit’ to unlimited from SIM details and then try to ping it?

I realized I never posted an update. This was exactly the issue. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello,

I have this exact issue except I haven’t used any of my 100MB data yet. I just activated my SIM.

When wwan0 comes up what kind of link is this? Where did it get its IP address from? I have other WiFi in my area which wlan0 is connected to.

I have very poor cell coverage where I’m currently located. Can I setup my Samsung Android phone as an access point for the Telit modem? My phone has internet connectivity through my WiFi.

Thanks for any ideas.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue. Just registered my sim. The device status on Sixfab Connect shows connected while using wlan0, but when wlan0 is disabled, it will have no connection via wwan0.

@Skyman @jasper ,

If you activate the remote support setting of your device and share the support key with me, I can help you quickly. Could you PM me your remote-support token so that I can check and solve it? Thanks.

I am having a similar issue with my connection. I get an IP address on my wwan0 but no connectivity past the gateway.