Unable to install Sixfab Connect

Hi

Trying to run the script for Sixfab Connect and am getting the following

ermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/PyYAML-5.3.1.dist-info’
[ERROR] Installer faced an error during the following command, please re-run installer
[ERROR] *****************************************************
[ERROR] pip3 install -r /opt/sixfab/core/agent/requirements.txt --no-cache-dir
[ERROR] *****************************************************

1 Like

Hi,

Are you using ‘sudo’ at the beginning of your installation code? Your installation code is on device page, copy and run it.

Yes sir, I’m copyiing the code directly from the page, and it starts with sudo. It runs quite a bit before it gets to that error.

Found the issue, just wanted to post it here in the rare case someone sees this. I bought the raspbery pi from Canakit, and used the installer that came with the kit. Apt-Get update came back with this error

E: Repository 'http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'stable' to 'oldstable'

So I researched the error and got this solution sudo apt-get --allow-releaseinfo-change update which fixed the error in apt-get, but then apt-get upgrade broke pip. This was the cause of the error. So I downloaded the image from raspberry pi, and flashed it with etcher and it worked flawlessly.

Good to go now, thanks for looking at this with me.

3 Likes