Sixfab 4g Holybro Pixhawk RPi CM4 Baseboard + Pixhawk 6x flight controller module + RPI CM4

Could someone please provide me with all the detailed information and documentation and instructions, set up and installation with assembly and wiring instructions, drawings and diagrams on how to communicate with, controll and operate a drone or rover over 4g cellular network using Sixfab Raspberry Pi 4G cellular modem kit and Holybro Pixhawk RPi CM4 Baseboard and Pixhawk 6x flight controller module. Thank you very much.

At Sixfab, we offer the Sixfab Core solution which includes the Sixfab Sim card, designed for use with Raspberry Pi 4 and Jetson Nano. For other Linux-based SBCs, you can refer to any of the tutorials mentioned on our website or the user guides provided by the module OEM(Can be found on module product page).

Since you are using the Raspberry Pi CM4 with Raspberry Pi OS, you can connect the Sixfab HAT and CM4 via USB i.e simply connect the USB between the CM4 and the HAT, and then follow one of the tutorials available. We recommend starting with the ECM tutorial, as it is the easiest to follow.

PS. If you are using Sixfab SIM, please activate it from the Sixfab Connect Platform.

Hello Saeed. Thank you for your reply, time, attention and assistance. I appreciate the information you have provided.

I am a T-Mobile customer. I have 2 sim cards with a data plan. One in my phone and the other is in my tablet. Can I use the sim card in my tablet to work with the Sixfab 4g HAT or would the Sixfab sim card be more beneficial? Also I have the Sixfab 4g HAT purchased in 2019 which I understand is no longer in production. Will that one suffice or would the newer model be more beneficial and could you please provide a brief description of the difference between the two?

Thanks again Saeed.

Thankfully,

Hello @keflucasjr ,

Yes, you can use the T-Mobile SIM with the HAT you have. While configuring the module please make sure you are using the right APN.

The main difference between the Base Shield and the Base HAT is that, the newer HAT satisfies the condition to be a Raspberry Pi HAT.