SixFab 4G hat: Query Signal strength (RSSI/RSRP/RSRQ)

I have the SixFab 4G hat up and running on a Raspberry Pi 5 with the Telit 4G module. I also have SixFab Core installed per the setup instructions. Everything is working as it should, and I can verify the upload/download metrics in the SixFab portal.

At this point, I would like to query the signal strength, for example, RSSI/RSRP/RSRQ, through the terminal or a script.

I have looked at the various reference guides and tutorials provided by SixFab, but I am still unclear on which direction to go. For example, I see

QMI:

AT Command:

UART Configuration:
https://docs.sixfab.com/page/uart-configuration

What is the typical approach? Is it best to use AT commands, or should I use QMI? The docs say that my Telit module does not support a “UART Configuration” so I am guessing that option is out.

In my case, I do not see a QMI interface like “qmi_wwan” as mentioned by the instructions:

lsusb -t
/:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/2p, 480M
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/2p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 6, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 6, If 1, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 6, If 2, Class=Communications, Driver=cdc_ether, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 6, If 3, Class=CDC Data, Driver=cdc_ether, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 6, If 4, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 6, If 5, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 6, If 6, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 6, If 7, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M

Hi,

The QMI tutorial aims to connect your modem to cellular internet, but since you are using Sixfab CORE, you don’t need this. You should choose one or the other, otherwise, they will conflict.

The AT command tutorial shows how to send AT commands to the modem. You can refer to your Telit module’s AT manual to query the desired signal strength measurements.