Sending SMS/MMS Messages with Raspberry Pi 4G/LTE Cellular Modem Kit

Hello Sixfab community,

I’m attempting to send SMS (and hopefully MMS) messages via the Raspberry Pi 4G/LTE Cellular Modem Kit hat. I’m very new to modems and communications over cellular networks (but fairly familiar with Python, Shell, and C). I’m able to send some AT commands without issues but any directly associated with SMS fail. This post seems to hold related information but I’m not able to understand what the solution means for my situation: “Sending sms with 3g/4g base Hat - #6 by antoine.egho”. I’ve not had any success finding information about MMS messages. Also the exact modem I have isn’t listed but it is a Quectel EG25-G. The modem + Sixfab datasheets/documentation are what I have been using for the majority of my attempts thus far. Any help/guidance would be very appreciated. Thanks for reading my post!

Hi,

Sixfab SIM does not support SMS. The module manuals will be helpful if you want to use it with a supporting SIM. Here are some manuals:

Hi,
I know reply is about a year old, but I have some code you might be able to use for sending MMS

I currently send MMS messages with my EC25 on a SixFab raspberry Pi 4 Hat and Python3. If you are still interested I can help.

I would like to know if Anyone has been able to recieve MMS images with this set up. I can only get plain SMS recieve.

Let me know.

Regarding receiving MMS, the Quectel module can only send MMS.
Source: Application Note for MMS receive? - #2 by Kyson - LTE Standard Module - Quectel Forums