Remove CORE from Raspberry PI HAT that wont boot

I need to move a Sixfab HAT to another Raspberry Pi. The SSD card file system is corrupted on the Pi and I cannot boot with that SSD card.

I found there instructions in another post but they assume I can access the Pi where the HAT was originally installed:
1) Uninstall CORE from your installed devices with the following command
2) sudo bash -c "$(curl -sN https://install.connect.sixfab.com)" -- --uninstall
3) Then run the installation code on the Raspberry Pi you want to install.

Since I can’t boot the original Pi how can I deactivate CORE on the original Pi. Is this something Sixfab Support can assist with or provide other instructions that can help me move the HAT to another PI can you provide any information?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi @daveweilert ,

All you need to do is run the Sixfab CORE installation code on the new Raspberry Pi that you will install and using. There is no need to do anything with your corrupted card.

Thank you so much for the quick response!

I’m needing the token to be used with the install on the local Raspberry Pi and don’t see any way besides the instructions at Getting Started steps 5 - 8.

I’m unable to locate how to get the prompt (green button) to initialize the device when on the Assets - Details screen.

The written instruction that I using are as follows:

Step 5. Create CORE Device

Navigate to the details of the asset you want to install the CORE device for on the Assets page.

Click on the ‘Initialize CORE Device’ button located in the Sixfab CORE section within the asset details.

( Step 6 & 7 not shown )

Step 8. Copy Installation Code

This step has a button to get the install command and the tokens that should be used to install CORE on the Raspberry Pi.

Does the previous device activation need to be removed so I can get the button mentioned in step 5? If not how do I get the needed token that is used with the following command?

sudo bash -c “$(curl -sN https://install.connect.sixfab.com)” – -t <need this token>

Thanks,

Dave

View your CORE dashboard from your asset.

You can find your installation code under the “Device Maintenance” section.