Raspberry Pi Cellular IoT Application Shield & Verizon SIM cards

Hello,
I am using the Verizon SIM card and I wanted to make sure if it is compatible with the Raspberry Pi Cellular IoT Application Shield device and within San Francisco area.

Please note that I am using a regular Verizon 4G LTE data SIM card, whereas Verizon Cat M1 SIM card
Also, I have already checked and confirmed that Quectel BG95 is a Verizon compatible hardware.

When I try to connect the device to the internet, after running the “./quectel -CM -s internet” command on my Rasberry Pi 3+, I receive a " network interface or qmidev is not exist " message.

Hi @amin.eravani,
Please follow this tutorial:

Also the APN usage format should be as follows:
sudo ./quectel-CM -s <apn>
for example in case of hologram sim the command is
sudo ./quectel-CM -s hologram

Thanks for your explanation,

As I realized in other note, the Raspberry Pi Cellular IoT HAT (North-America Version) is designed for Verizon customers.

However, for some of my applications, I do need the ADC and Accelerometer sensor, therefore I need to use the RasPi Cellular IoT App Shield. based on the device technical documents it should be certified with Verizon.

• I wanted to make sure if we can program the shield in the way that it can communicate using the Verizon Cat M1 Triple-punch SIM Card and following the procedure described here, ( using proper APN setting)?
  • Otherwise would you please advise which SIM cards are compatible with the RasPi Cellular IoT App Shield?