Raspberry Pi 4G/LTE Cellular Modem Kit + Telit LE910C4-NF & Verizon

I have got myself all set up. I followed the steps listed here: https://docs.sixfab.com/page/internet-connection-with-telit-le910c1-module-using-ecm-mode

AT+CREG? Returns: +CREG: 0,2

AT+CGDCONT? Returns:

+CGDCONT: 1,“IP”,“vzwinternet”,"",0,0,0,0
+CGDCONT: 2,“IPV4V6”,“vzwadmin”,"",0,0,0,0
+CGDCONT: 3,“IP”,“VZWINTERNET”,"",0,0,0,0
+CGDCONT: 4,“IPV4V6”,“vzwapp”,"",0,0,0,0
+CGDCONT: 5,“IPV4V6”,"","",0,0,0,1
+CGDCONT: 6,“IPV4V6”,“vzwclass6”,"",0,0,0,0

The sim card works in a phone and Verizon tech says he can see it but it does not seem to connect.

Any ideas?

Hello @jonyskids

What is the response of AT#FWSWITCH? ?
By default it is 0, for Verizon, it should be 1.
AT#FWSWITCH=1

For Details Refer to section 3.2.2.66 of AT command Manual

AT#FWSWITCH? Returns:
#FWSWITCH: 1,0,0
:
AT+CREG? Returns :
+CREG: 0,3

Appreciate the advice. Anything else I can check/try?

Really need to get this working. Would really love some help.

Verizon suggested that I should try a DATA ONLY sim card. Is this correct?

Hi,

+CREG: 0,3 means that registration is denied. Try using it as Verizon suggests.

I was able to contact Telit and this is how they responded:

Thank you for contacting Telit’s technical support team. Regarding the LE910C4-NF on Verizon, yes is has “modular approval” (Verizon Open Development | module) for use on their network; however the module still needs to be integrated into a certified end-device before it can be used with the appropriate plan/account. The IMEI (350344982629964) you provided is for a LE910C4-NF mPCIe card, which is still a certified module mounted onto an interface board, which just so happens to be in the mPCIe form factor. Normally, IoT/M2M based IMEIs are not found when looking them up on a carrier website design to check for “Bring Your Own Device” that can be activated on a consumer plan.

I searched Verizon’s Device Showcase for “Sixfab” and found 1 result for an approved end-device (Verizon Open Development | device). My concern is this end-device is marked for Cat-M1 and when using a LTE Cat-4 mPCIe card on their Base HAT, I am not sure if Verizon views it the same.

Check with Sixfab to see if they have another approved end-device that is marked for LTE Cat-4 that could be used to get an account under.

Any possibility of help here?

Made no difference. Data sim card does not work either.

The end-device certification of Base HAT is still an ongoing process. Unfortunately, we do not have a date to get approval. The Cellular IoT HAT - the device certified for LTE-M only - can not be used for CAT4 communication, as the LTE modem is embedded and doesn’t support other LTE categories.
For now, if that works for you can use Sixfab SIM and CORE for development. Once the cellular application is ready, it’s a choice to apply for end-device certification with your whole hardware setup. Sorry to couldn’t help with Verizon at the moment. Also, AT&T or T-Mobile support is available, except for Verizon.

This is very disappointing as I purchased it because it says it does in fact work with Verizon and the location I would like to use it is primarily covered by Verizon and not the other services. It may be that this should be clarified in your marketing material.

So it looks like it will work with a data only verizon sim card that is low transfer rates. Not what I was after.

Just a heads up on that.