Raspberry Pi 4 + EG25 = working for 6 months, still Active, but showing Offline in CORE

I’ve read several posts but haven’t found a solution to this yet. Agent and Manager are up to date and there is nothing odd in the cm or agent logs.

I’ve been running this combination (using 3G-4G/LTE HAT) for many months with no problems. I can still connect over a reverse ssh tunnel I have set up, and I am receiving telemetry data. CORE says the signal quality is Good and that usb0 is connected. The problem is, CORE shows it as “Offline”. Why is it showing Offline and what does that mean?

Details:
Raspberry Pi 4, RaspiOS Debian 10 - Linux-5.15.56-v7±armv7l-with-glibc2.31

Modem:
EC25 EG25
Firmware Version EG25GGBR07A08M2G

I ran a few AT commands that I’ve seen in the forums. Hopefully these are helpful:

padeye@raspberrypi-2:/home/sixfab/.core/logs $ sudo atcom -p /dev/ttyUSB2 ATI

Quectel
EG25
Revision: EG25GGBR07A08M2G

OK

padeye@raspberrypi-2:/home/sixfab/.core/logs $ sudo atcom -p /dev/ttyUSB2 AT+CREG?

+CREG: 2,5,"610B","70C6F0A",7

OK

padeye@raspberrypi-2:/home/sixfab/.core/logs $ sudo atcom -p /dev/ttyUSB2 AT+CSQ

+CSQ: 24,99

OK

padeye@raspberrypi-2:/home/sixfab/.core/logs $ sudo atcom -p /dev/ttyUSB2 AT+COPS?

+COPS: 0,0,"AT&T Twilio",7

OK

Hi,

Could you please restart the CORE services using the following commands:

sudo systemctl restart core_agent.service 
sudo systemctl restart core_manager.service

Do you only have a cellular interface? If you have Wi-Fi or ethernet connection, If you activate the remote support setting of your device and share the support key with me, I can help you.

Just checked, and this one is on an older OS (unlike my others which are on 6.1/64-bit).

The OS info is:

Platform

Linux-5.15.56-v7±armv7l-with-glibc2.31

Architecture

32bit

Hostname

raspberrypi

It is only on cellular interface. How can I securely send you the support key?

Rich

I sent you a PM to share.