Power on after shutdown

Is there a way to have it power-up again if the battery is not used using the API?

Hi @andre,

Could you please let me know more details on this?

Hi.
I want to use the solar input (J4) for a 12V battery input. Iā€™m not going to use the lithium battery as the board will never shutdown before the 12V battery is totally depleted as the the lithium battery will keep charging.

So I monitor the voltage of the solar input and send a shutdown command at letā€™s say 10.5V - which works.
The thing is that the board will switch back on at almost 10.6V (Donā€™t know how it decides on that). If I have more equipment running of the same battery consuming power and it switches back on, the voltage will drop very quickly to 10.5 and I will have a constant oscillation effect.

I need for the board to switch on at letā€™s say 11V only after shutdown.

Unfortunately, there is no way to configure it this way using the API.

Check out my recent post for a possible solutionā€¦

1 Like

If you add a zener diode and a voltage divider, you can get a ā€˜minimum onā€™ threshold to trigger the ā€˜pushā€™.

1 Like

Hi Shawn, would you be able to provide a quick diagram of the circuit you are using?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi all,

You can take a look at the ā€œpower outage eventā€ newly added with the firmware.

Safely shuts down the Raspberry Pi as soon as external power is removed and turns it on as soon as external power is applied.

https://sixfab.github.io/sixfab-power-python-api/power_api.html#power_api.power_api.SixfabPower.get_power_outage_event_status

I hope this helps.

1 Like

@ensar,

Thank you! This looks like what I was hoping for, I thinkā€¦ Could you please explain the run_time and sleep_time parameters and how they will affect the operation of the device?

Will the device ā€˜wakeā€™ at the end of sleep_time interval, and run for run_time interval?

How do I configure to keep it off when there is no external power (without any momentary wake-ups) and have it boot immediately, while also immediately shutting down when external power stops?

@kev.oue,
The git has the circuit info, usable in Kicad, but yes, I will grab a screenshot or something and post it.

S

Hi @shawnj007 ,

When there is a power outage, it will run for the run_time interval then shut down, then it will sleep for the sleep_time interval, and when the time is up, the device will turn on. This cycle breaks when power is plugged in.

Hi @ensar,

How does one prevent it from ever waking with this functionality (eg infinite sleep_time)?

Shawn

This can be done by setting the sleep_time parameter to the maximum(1439 min).