LE910-C4 NMCLI Access USB For AT Command Processing not working as expected

I am running ubuntu 22 on a PI4 with a Sixfab LTE Base Hat utilizing the Telit LE910C4 module. I start the module through nmcli on boot, and I can connect and move data across the network successfully. I’d like to use atinout or minicom to execute a series of AT commands but I cant seem to connect with the apps.

I have the USB cable connected from the hat to the PI. syslog shows the gsm modem on ports USB0-4; then the connection happens with the appropriate IP, DNS, etc being registered. Routes are setup, then data starts transmitting.

I performed a modeprobe options; then echo the 1bc7 & 1201 to the new_id file; I try to connect with minicom using -D /dev/ttyUSB/0/1/2/3/4; then typing a simple AT - without any visual response.

Do I need to physically move jumpers, or transmit on GPIOs to enable USB comms? I did not see that in any of the documentation.

Hope this is clear. This seems to be a simple config issue; although I am stumped.

TIA
Chuck

Just some more info.

oot@localhost:~# lsusb -t
/: Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc2/1p, 480M
/: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/4p, 5000M
/: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/1p, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 1, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 2, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=qmi_wwan, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 3, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 4, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 5, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 6, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M

I have brought the ModemManager down and tried minicom again, and still is no go. Does it matter which driver I am using, QMI, ECM ??

In the syslog it has also said “no AT port to run command”. Not surprising, I am unable to as well - just dont know what is going in underneath.

Hi,

Thanks for the details!

You don’t need anything to enable USB communication. Your module appears to be connected to the system in the lsusb -t output. It can also be seen with the usb-devices command.

You should be able to send AT commands from the /dev/ttyUSB2 port with the following command. Are there any error messages?

sudo minicom -b 115200 -D /dev/ttyUSB2