Getting Started directions do not advise how to install atcom

I’m using Raspbian 12 (bookworm) and there is no atcom command install by default. How is it installed?

Hi,

On Raspberry Pi OS Bookworm, pip packages should be installed within a virtual environment. After creating the virtual environment, you can install ATCom using pip.

reference: Python on Raspberry Pi(Official Documentation)

Got it, and thanks for the help. However, when I execute this command in the virtual environment:

(.env) pi@dev:~ $ pip3 install atcom

I get a series of failures:

WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fff91458d90>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution')': /simple/atcom/

…which ends with:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement atcom (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for atcom

I’m not using a VPN or a proxy server. Has anyone else seen this issue? I did find this post on stackoverflow, so I tried adding a nameserver of 8.8.8.8 but this didn’t change the outcome.

This seems like an awful lot of trouble to install a python library. What can I do to get past this issue?

I found the solution. If the SixFab board is connected, a new network is created that is causing pip install atcom to fail. When I unplugged the SixFab board, the atcom package installed properly.