Drivers and getting started with Quectel EC25-A for Linux Debian9

I’m trying to get started with an EC25-A Quectel mPCIE modem I just bought to use on a Debian9 machine. It’s a Moxa 8112 device which normally uses cell_mgmt to manage their cell modems if you get it with one built in, but the chip they have isn’t working with my provider so I’m trying to use this modem in a model without their built in one. It has libqmi-glib5 and libqmi-utils version 1.16.2-1 installed which I believed I need to use instead of their normal cell_mgmt.

I’ve tried “lsusb -t” which returns the following with the first set without the modem, and the second set with the modem, so I know those 5 additional devices are coming from the modem, however I’m not sure how to make the driver be associated with them (which I believe should be qmi_wwan).

without modem
/: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=musb-hdrc/1p, 480M
/: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=musb-hdrc/1p, 480M

with modem
/: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=musb-hdrc/1p, 480M
/: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=musb-hdrc/1p, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 1, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 2, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 3, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 4, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 480M

Per this quectel file I believe I may need to add some info to [KERNEL]/drivers/usb/serial/option.c, but I can’t find that file.

Are there other specific drivers for linux I need to get to use this modem, if so where do I find those, or any advice on where to go from here would be appreciated.