Ctrl- functionality inside Remote Terminal Beta

Hello,
I realize the Open Remote Terminal dialog is in Beta, but hopefully that means the development team is open to ideas to improve it.

It is great that Ctrl-C is an option on the terminal dialog on my phone. I would love to use control with other commands, for example Ctrl-X to save changes in the Nano text editor, or when using the Sudo Crontab -e command. There are many options within the crontab that require the control key in combination with various letters.

Note that the control key works as normal on a regular keyboard. I want a way to use it on my phone! I am not always near a computer and sometimes have to make changes to my remote installation on the Raspberry Pi using my phone. Having a more robust functionality for Ctrl- would be fantastic!

(For reference, an iPhone terminal app that implements the Ctrl- functionality well is a-Shell. You could see what it looks like there and program something similar.)

Thanks for considering this useful mod!
Lauren

Hi,

We appreciate the time you took to write me such thorough feedback. I will pass it on to our product development team to see if they could implement any of these changes in the upcoming releases.

Thanks again.

1 Like