Battery Temp error

I have all wire connected properly. Why does my battery temp sensor read 0 degrees celsius?

Hi @shane.dyck,

The battery temperature sensor cannot be read if you separated the battery holder from the UPS.
The Qwiic cable and the qwiic connectors(J1-J11) on board are used to read the temperature of the battery holder card when the battery holder broke off from UPS HAT. This feature is under development.

Thank you for the explanation.

@ensar when will this feature be completed? And how does the lack of monitoring the battery temp affect the charge/discharge rate of the battery? I wish I had known this feature was not supported before I separated the battery holder.

Hi @ericwaynedavis ,

This feature has already been completed. Please upgrade your firmware.

Hi @ensar . Thanks for the quick reply. My HAT is running the latest firmware version 0.3.2.2. I can also confirm that I see the temp sensor using i2cdetect. Any suggestions? Thanks.

:~ $ sudo i2cdetect -y 1
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- –
10: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
20: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
30: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
40: – 41 – -- – -- – -- 48 – -- – -- – -- –
50: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
60: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
70: – -- – -- – -- – --

Well, could you share the output of get_battery_temp_qwiic value?

print(str(api.get_battery_temp_qwiic()))

This seems like a reasonable value.

I failed to mention though that the value is zero when viewing at power.sixfab.com under devices as well as the local api.

~ $ curl http://192.168.1.19:6060/metrics/battery/temperature
{“metric”:“temp”,“sensor”:“battery”,“value”:0.0}

I figured this out. The battery configuration must be set to ‘separated’. Now I see the battery temperature.