5G HAT - status

What is the status of 5G HAT? Is it in production or just a “developer kit”?

Ideally would like to source a 5G version of the 4G/LTE HAT currently in use.

Thanks

Hello,

The KIT is for the development and evaluation phase. The second batch of the KIT will be in stock very soon.

A Customized 5G board for production can be manufactured after the POC.

Thank you. I see the current version of the kit uses the Quectel module. Will there be a Telit version too?

The Telit Modules are not available. Moreover, the lead time from the OEM is not available.

Hence we will continue with Quectel only. Is there any particular reason for preferring Telit over Quectel?

The main reason is we’ve used one of your HATs with a 4G Telit module in a current product and we would want to ensure software continuity to the maximum extent possible if we upgrade to 5G.

If you can source the Telit module, you may consider purchasing the KIT without the module.

Thank you for the suggestion

i just noticed that the 5G KIT is available for preorders again.
is this the second batch of the POC or already a more mature production-ready version?
in case it is still a POC, can you please give an ETA for the production-ready 5G board?

Hello @ggegenhuber
It is the second batch 5G KIT development KIT.
Our production-ready fully certified KIT will be available by Q2 2023.

1 Like

Hi,
is the ETA (Q2 2023) for the production-ready and fully certified KIT still on schedule or could you otherwise give us an update on that?
If possible please include a cable relief (similar to the IP54 case of the LTE variant) to the updated version. Furthermore, unifying the power supply of the Raspberry Pi with the one of the 5G adapter would be appreciated, since both require 5V anyway (i.e., this probably could be managed by one single adapter that provides enough current for both devices).

@saeed could you please give me an update?

Hello @ggegenhuber ,

There is a delay in the launch dates.
Estimated launch at the moment is end of August 2023.