3G/4G+LTE Base Hat + Telit LE910C4-NF + RPI SenseHat

Hello,

I have a couple of issues when working with this set of items.

Firstly, the Sixfab Base HAT appears to be incompatible with the Raspberry Pi SenseHat. Having the Sixfab Base Hat stacked on the GPIO header prevents the SenseHat from booting correctly. Do you know the reason for this? Are there any solder jumpers that would correct the problem?

Secondly, I’m trying to use the Telit LE910C4 with libqmi, but I cannot get the network to start (even if I connect it using only USB, and not the GPIO header).

I’ve used the “Setting up a Data Connection with libqmi” tutorial, but when it comes time to use the qmicli --wds-start network command line, I always get a “Call Failed” error, with reason “generic-unspecified”, “generic-no-service” (even though there is service), or “generic-wcdma-unsubscribed”.

It is very strange. The Telit module works just fine as a USB device on another PC.

Update: I have just realized that the Sixfab Base Hat has an EEPROM on it (for ID purposes I have absolutely no use for, I’m sure). I assume it is using address 0x50, which is what the SenseHat uses, and therefore there is a conflict.

Is there any way to change the address of the Sixfab BaseHat EEPROM? Maybe a tool you could provide? I have multiple hats on my RPI and EEPROM addresses 0x50 and 0x52 are already used.

Other device addresses also in use on these hats include 0x14, 0x1C, 0x68, 0x6A, 0x5C, and 0x5C.

Otherwise, I’m going to have to desolder the EEPROM from the board.

Thank you!

Hi @tomasz.b ,

Just compared the pinout of the SenseHat(https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/sense-hat/images/Sense-HAT-V1_0.pdf) and the Sixfab Base HAT(Sixfab_RPi_3G-4G-LTE_Base_HAT/RPi_Base_Hat_v1.0.0.pdf at master · sixfab/Sixfab_RPi_3G-4G-LTE_Base_HAT · GitHub)
and found no conflict in any of the GPIOs except the I2C for EEPROM. Having a valid ID EEPROM is one of the requirements(GitHub - raspberrypi/hats) for a board to be called a HAT.
Which Raspberry Pi are you using? Which Power source are you using to power your system? Make sure you have enough power to supply the whole device setup. Did you try establishing connection with the Sixfab HAT alone?
Are you using the similar setup on another PC? I mean Telit Module + Sixfab HAT+ antennas and similar SIM.
Did you follow the troubleshoot guide? (Troubleshooting)
What are the output of lsusb && lsusb -t linux command and the following AT commands?

AT
ATE1
ATI
AT+CGMR
AT+CPIN?
AT+CPAS
AT+CFUN?
AT+COPS?
AT#USBCFG?
AT#BND?
AT+CREG?
AT+CGDCONT?
AT+CSQ
AT+CGATT?
AT+GMM
AT#SWPKGV

Hi ensar,

I’ve got the network running with the Telit module now. I had to modify the qmi script a bit, but it’s fully functional now.

My last SIM7600 Hat did not have an EEPROM on it so it worked on the stack no problem, but was unsatisfactory in other ways.

I removed the EEPROM from the Sixfab Hat and that corrected the problem with the SenseHat conflict, but it is a tedious process, and I would rather be able to reprogram the EEPROM i2c address. This is particularly relevant once I start producing dozens of these systems.

One of my other Hats allows you to reconfigure the i2c EEPROM address to 0x52 so it doesn’t conflict with the SenseHat, but the Sixfab Hat does not. Like I said, a tool to do this would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, we do not have such tool at the moment.

Well for god sakes let’s make one… Isn’t that supposed to be the point in this DIY BS?