PMS firmware version 0.3 update fail

Ensar, I am having the same problems described here when trying to update the firmware manually.
Have you guys found what the problem is yet?

I’ve found that if you precede the firmware path with a “.” it takes care of the “error in 0” error, but the raised" error" remains. I cannot update to the latest firmware, either normally, or in bootloader mode.

Bumping this…

I tried upgrade firmware because of the TypeError: 'int' object is not subscriptable problem. Went googling and found this issue on Sixfab’s github 'int' object is not subscriptable · Issue #7 · sixfab/sixfab-power-python-api · GitHub where the last response was that v.3.3.bin firmware would fix the issue.

My v1 HAT seems to be bricked now.

87%
88%
89%
90%
91%
92%
93%
94%
95%
96%
97%
98%
99%
100%
Firmware packages are being writen to flash...
Please wait until the application starts!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . root@703fdb0:/firmwareupdate#

Never got the success code (or error code for that matter). Everything looked like it was going fine with the update, but now device is unresponsive to button presses and just flashes whiteish LEDs every 10 seconds or so.

Followed the instructions from here:

Including using the ‘Alternative Way’ for unresponsive devices using the boot loader mode.

Both methods returned same results. Very frustrating.

Even more frustrating is that I just bought a new v2 power hat because I had the same SMD Terminal issue that broke the terminal on first try.

Now I have the v2 hat and discovered it has the v.3.22 (older firmware) and thus is getting this error.

>>> sixfab.get_input_temp()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/root/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/power_api/power_api.py", line 102, in get_input_temp
    raw[PROTOCOL_HEADER_SIZE : COMMAND_SIZE_FOR_INT32 - 2], "big"
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
>>> sixfab.get_input_temp()
>>> sixfab.get_firmware_ver()
'v0.3.22\x00'

I literally just took it out of the box an hour ago. Now I’m afraid to try the firmware update for fear that I’ll brick my brand new powerhat.