How can I use UART with Raspberry Pi 3G/4G&LTE Base HAT?

Hi, I’m having the same problem…no communication over UART followed all the steps…I’m using a raspberry pi 3 B works well over USB but not over UART (soldered pin, enable Serial Hardware) modem is not even recognized.

If someone solved this please, post it.

Hello,

Which mini PCIe module are you using? What is the FW of the module?

Hi, I’m using the EC25-AU, regarding the firmware could’t say because it’s mounted on a pole right now…

Hello ensar, ive seen multiple threads on this subject. I just wish to confirm, soldering the uart connections should connect the txd and rxd pins on the rpi and enable it above the hat?

Im using linux 20.04, and only the lte sixfab shield (seen other cases where people used more than one shield) im worried if this will cause problems with its lte connection or between the sixfab and the rpi. My Sixfab is currently using usb to micro usb to communicate from rpi to establish connection. I simply wish to use the txd and rxd for pixhawk purposes. Will this work for me? Or are there any cons to doing this procedure that will affect the efficiency of the internet provided from the modem?

I’m attempting the same as You. I want to run mavlink over 4G with the sixfab 4G hat.
Did you figure it out? Can I run UART input on a USB port?

Hi,

Which module are you using? Can RPi communicate with Minicom?